The finalists of the 2010 CIPD People Management Awards have been announced following a rigorous selection process. The Awards acknowledge outstanding practice in the management and development of people. With a record breaking number of entries, this year also includes a new Award, the Michael Kelly Outstanding Student Award.
A winner and a runner up within each of the six categories and the Michael Kelly Outstanding Student Award will be chosen from the list of finalists at the judging day on 8 September 2010. The announcement will officially be made at a black-tie awards dinner during the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition, on 10 November 2010 in Manchester. The coveted overall 2010 CIPD People Management Award will be presented to the organisation whose achievement transcends' the individual categories. Last year this was awarded to Pace plc.
Jackie Orme, CIPD Chief Executive, who will be helping to judge the awards, says:
"I am inspired by the excellent response and determination of the organisations taking part this year. At the CIPD we believe it is vital to continue to champion good practice people management and development. This year we see the exciting introduction of a new student award and a record breaking number of entries. I would like to thank all those taking part for their contributions and tireless work in driving the HR profession forward"
The finalists are:
• McDonalds Restaurants Ltd
• Essex County Council
• Nampak Plastics Europe Ltd
Excellence through technology
• St Mungo's
• London Underground
• DHL Supply Chain
• Royal Free NHS Trust Hampstead
HR impact on business success
• Atos Origin
• Royal College of Nursing
• Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
• Outward Housing
• RSA Insurance Group Ltd
• Wates Group Limited
• Signet Trading Limited
• BNP Paribas Real Estate
Performance and reward
• Nationwide Building Society
• Telefonica 02 UK Ltd
• Sheffield University
Talent attraction and management
• The Cyrenians
• Lancashire Constabulary
• Magnox South Limited
• Argos Limited
Michael Kelly Outstanding Student Award
• Jessica Stone (allpay Limited)
• Nicola Seabury (Youth Federation for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
• Sam Westwood (McDonalds Restaurants Ltd)
• Julie Haddock-Miller (Middlesex University Business School)
BT is the headline sponsor of the 2010 Awards. Category sponsors include SHL Group, JM Presentations and Hays Human Resources.
• The judging day will take place at CIPD head office, SW19 1JQ on 8 September 2010.
• The CIPD People Management Awards were launched in 1995 and are designed to celebrate and recognise excellence in the field of people management and development. The Awards recognise organisations that have managed positive changes through the effective implementation of innovative practice and is a joint venture between the CIPD and People Management magazine.