jml Training has a long and successful history of working with local government. We deliver bespoke training that is relevant, results oriented and cost-effective. Our trainers and coaches work with members from across the political spectrum and with officers, from junior to the most senior level. This experience enables us to deliver first class training and support across local government.
The aim of all our training with councillors is to increase their confidence, competence and personal effectiveness as a result of our training input.
We recognise that councillors have very busy and demanding lives and that training and development has got to be responsive to this. We have a flexible approach to workshop duration and timings, recognising that afternoons and evenings or Saturdays are most suitable for council members.
Training and support for council members
• New councillor induction training
• Facilitated workshops and team building for individual council groups
• Skills training courses and workshops
• Developing women leaders programme
• One to one coaching to address specific development needs identified in individual development plans
We provide a wide range of skills training:
• Organisational skills – planning, time and meeting management
• Enhancing communication skills including listening and interpersonal skills
• Developing influencing and negotiating skills
• Resolving conflict and personal safety skills
• Presentation, public speaking skills and media skills
• Equalities and diversity awareness
• Building positive working relationships with officers
• Overview and scrutiny skills
• Running successful surgeries
• Understanding Council finances
Self-awareness - we aim to build a level of self-awareness and reflection into all our work to enhance the effectiveness of the training.
Practical Solutions - we try to ensure that positive action and change occur as a result of our input. We use concepts and strategies that operate in the real world - not just in handouts.
Communication - we believe that effective communication is a key issue underlying the success of any organisation and try to build an appreciation of this into all our work.
Our training style
Our aim through out all our training is to enable participants to feel empowered by the process. We hope the training is enjoyable, energising and empowering. Our training approach is highly interactive. We base our training on experiential learning and take into account personal learning styles when designing all our courses and programmes. We also believe that learning is most successful in a relaxed environment; our trainers are highly competent at creating a supportive learning environment that ensures attendance is worthwhile and an effective use of time.
Recent participants have said about us…
“Has had a real impact on how confident I feel dealing with issues”
“Feel so much more confident about how to influence my colleagues”
“Brought home the importance of thinking and planning my workload, and now I have the tools to do that!”
“Gained confidence and how to pace and deliver effectively”
Email: enquiries or call us on 01494 488787 to discuss your requirements or visit http://www.jml-training.com/local_government_training.htm